BACK TO TOP

miércoles, 12 de febrero de 2014

KAZAKHSTAN¨S FRIENDS: BUSINESS AS USUAL

Source: Google Images.


By Gundhramns Hammer
February 12, 2014
Select, paste & translate


My enemy´s friend is not necessarily my enemy and the friend of my friend´s enemy could be my friend if my friend is not my friend´s enemy as long as my friend is not my enemy´s friend and he can be my friend in order to fend off all of my enemies.

This is the approach the USA has taken to deal with Kazakhstan, a nation with vast mineral resources including uranium.

This Central Asian Nation has become the target for numerous investors. Billions of USD are flowing into Kazakhstan. Some of the best known US energy firms such as Chevron, Exxon, Shell, etc, are already there doing business as usual.

Some experts consider that Kazakhstan is really a kleptocracy, with one powerful man sitting on the helm for life, Nursultan Nazarbayev. A man considered a dictator by some experts.

The local gang of oligarchs sprouted out of the fall of the Soviet Union is getting fat with the new economy. So are their "Swiss and Caribbean accounts", according to some Kazakhstanians, especially folks at the city markets.

The same can be said of those foreign multinationals sucking this nation´s blood.

How do people see the "dictator"?

Some people love Nazarbayev, others hate him, especially those people who have lost a member of their family on strikes or have been beaten up, fucked up by the watchdogs and bully army protecting this president.

For the time being, the USA and Kazakhstan are "friends". Who knows what will happen tomorrow. 

But considering the history of US foreign relations with past dictators, for example Irak´s Saddam Hussein, today´s friend can be tomorrow´s enemy. 

Here is a report on Kazakhstan:

Watch this video: 

US Befriends Kazakhstan Dictator, Now World's Largest Producer of Uranium
Click: HERE

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario